Drummer Connection
Drummer Connection
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mapex M-Birch 7-piece!  (Read 15841 times)
Bdesormeaux

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2008, 01:27:13 AM »

Brand new!! Got it today (26th) I had been saving all year for it, and my Christmas money helped a lot!

When I opened it, there were 7 drums, but instead of sending my 14" floor tom they send another 13" rack tom. So I am sending it back to them tomorrow and hoping for it soon.

Mapex M-Birch 7-Piece (In Emerald Green)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/bryandesormeaux/MyNewBabies1.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/bryandesormeaux/MyNewBabies2.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/bryandesormeaux/MyNewBabies3.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/bryandesormeaux/MyNewBabies4.jpg

New Iron Cobras:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/bryandesormeaux/TamaIronCobra.jpg
drumfreak
Administrator

OfflineOffline

Drumfreak

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:31:40 AM »

Wow, what a Great Setup!  Be sure to upload some audio / video of you playing that kit!   I really like the green, and the 100% lacquer! That's awesome.  It also looks like you have a great cymbal setup.  Very cool, very cool!

Drum Freak
Drummer Connection Founder
Drummer Connection Developer

king
Administrator

OfflineOffline

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:53:28 AM »

Nice! Who inspired your cymbal set up? I really dig the stacks. Any more cymbals and you're gonna need to look into getting a rack CoolThe lacquer looks pretty sexy, make sure you take good care of it http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nomad-6Piece-Fiber-Case-Set?sku=543547
Here is a great deal on some cases. I have these and they've held up really well over the years. You can also line the inside of the cases with egg crates for added protection. Get us some vid as soon as you can.
Bdesormeaux

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 11:11:57 PM »

Well, Part of my cymbal setup is inspired by Romain Goulon, and the rest is pretty much where it feels I need it.

and I am actually looking into getting a rack, I may get one in summer/fall

Also, I am trying my hardest to figure out a recording technique with my camera.  Tongue
king
Administrator

OfflineOffline

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:46:53 AM »

never heard of the guy before you mentioned him. I checked him out on his Youtube/Myspace and this dude is amazing! CRAAAAZY chops on the double bass. I also like the fact that he's actually a schooled drummer and doesn't just play blast beats all day. There's this cool improv solo of him playing some funk and jazz beats and Romain really knows his stuff. Good role model to have. As far as your camera situation, what are you using, and is it more of a sound issue because of the camera position? You could always set it across the room and just zoom in.
Bdesormeaux

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 05:17:44 PM »

It's a sound issue, I am just going to buy some ZOOM H2 Mics soon and just get video from the camera. Also I am waiting until I get all of my cymbals back, and my last floor tom.
kyle7863

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 12:23:43 PM »

Hey i got a new gibraltar rack for christmas ill post some pics on how it looks and works for you later today. im at my dads house atm so i cant.

Btw its TOTALLY worth it. i saved so much room by getting one. The versatility is just awesome. i'll never go back to stands.

You'll save money in the long run because to get cymbals attached it will only cost about 40 bucks instead of 70 bucks for a new heavy duty stand. (the rack is super heavy duty)

Met girl, now available in robot form.
kyle7863

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »

There ya go, ill make a video later about it. feeling too lazy for now. I got the starter rack with the two sidewings, looking at your setup the sidewings would hold a lot of your cymbals.
Just make sure before you buy the rack you acount for all the clamps and cymbal booms you need to buy with it so you dont get stuck with a smaller setup.

Met girl, now available in robot form.
king
Administrator

OfflineOffline

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 04:48:29 PM »

I'VE BEEN USING THAT SAME RACK FOR A WHILE NOW AND IT'S PRETTY FREAKING SWEET. I'LL NEVER GO BACK TO STANDS EITHER.
Bdesormeaux

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »

Finally (After FOUR MONTHS) Musiciansfriend.com sent me my 14x11" rack tom. All I have to say about my finally finished kit, sounds amazing, looks amazing, and all around BEAUTIFUL!

Here are the final pictures:

drumfreak
Administrator

OfflineOffline

Drumfreak

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 06:19:02 PM »

Awesome! That kit looks like it's a blast to play! Enjoy it! We'd like to see more pictures and hear some recordings with it, so please be sure to upload some stuff to your profile!

Drum Freak
Drummer Connection Founder
Drummer Connection Developer

Bdesormeaux

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »

I'll be able to upload some recordings in about two weeks, when my friend comes over, we will record a couple songs. I'll upload them ASAP!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: